cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Laptop WiFi speed slower after I used ethernet

AC0182
Joining in

I have the 1gig plan and my Hub 6 is producing that speed. All my devices get 700+ on WiFi. My laptop is the best equipped and always pulls the fastest download speeds. Until I plugged an ethernet cable in for about half an hour.

Ever since I unplugged and went back to WiFi, my 900Mb/s+ speeds on laptop are under 200Mb/s. I tried resetting the router, power cycling the router, restarting the network adapter, restarting the laptop. I separated my SSIDs because it seemed like it was using 2.4ghz but that didn't help. It's using the 5ghz band. I also tried manually inputting the DNS.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AC0182
Joining in

Update: I did the following two solutions, not sure which worked as the laptop restarted after I did both

1. Chose Network Reset in internet & network -> advanced network settings.

2. In command promp I put in each of the commands below and hit enter.

netsh int ip reset

netsh advfirewall reset

netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

After this my laptop restarted as part of the network adapter reinstallation process.

Using the ethernet connection did something to my network adapters but I do not know what or why.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

AC0182
Joining in

Update: I did the following two solutions, not sure which worked as the laptop restarted after I did both

1. Chose Network Reset in internet & network -> advanced network settings.

2. In command promp I put in each of the commands below and hit enter.

netsh int ip reset

netsh advfirewall reset

netsh winsock reset

ipconfig /flushdns

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

After this my laptop restarted as part of the network adapter reinstallation process.

Using the ethernet connection did something to my network adapters but I do not know what or why.

Hi there @AC0182 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced an issue with your service and thank you so much for updating us, can I ask if this is now resolved as you have marked your response as an accepted solution?