Menu
jaymcloughlin21
Settling in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

LIED TO! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Was told when i bought into contract i was on 200mbs

Nothing but problems with this speed... So i check internet speed 10x over the day, My internet speed is 86 mbs

I ring up virgin customer service and explain situation, They tell me theres nothing they can do as legally 86mbs is ok on a 200mbs speed, The kind man then tells me most customers who pay for the 200mbs get that speed, Im just unlucky... I said so are you going to slash my price down? Or can you give me a quicker speed on the same price, He told me no and i have to deal with it, Ive been a LOYAL customer for 3 years now. I cant game when i get kicked out the lobbies or just lag spiking everywhere. I said over the phone so i have to pay '' amount and get half the speed whilst other's pay the same as me and get the full speed. He said yes. Im sure this is illegal? Not selling me the speed they advertised? Also taking my money off me knowing im only get half my services.... Somebody human and with an understanding please help me i dont want to leave virgin but i am very close to!

0 Kudos
cje85
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: LIED TO! TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE

Are you using WiFi or Wired?

A speed limit of around 90Mbps is very common on a wired connection, if it doesn't support gigabit ethernet. Make sure the ethernet cable is Cat 5E (or better) and check the device you're using supports Gigabit ethernet.

If using WiFi, ensure you're using the 5Ghz band as you'll be lucky to see 100Mbps+ on 2.4Ghz. 

0 Kudos