Menu
stellastarr211
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Kingsway Gloucester.. no fibre

Virgin. You really are losing lots of potsntial customers by not providing any fibre in kingsway Gloucester.

Can you confimr if you have any plans to install this.. My partner has just moved there and is required to work from home and she is shocked that a new build estate does not have fibre.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Kingsway Gloucester.. no fibre

Given the numerous and sometimes angry complaints in these forums of late about email accessibility, speeds, reliability and customer service,  along with Virgin Media's miserable 1.2 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot, your partner might consider she's had a lucky escape.  

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

As I understood it, dont all new builds have to partner with either VM or Openreach to ensure that the infrastructure for one or the other is installed during the building phase (as it cant be for 10 years thereafter)?
If VM isnt available there - Openreach, should be available there. Ask the builders what they did.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If it’s a new build then they would have an agreement with a chosen ISP for XX years.

Also ignore any TrustPilot reviews and the like. They are a (very very very) small representation of VM’s nigh-on 6Million customers 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Andrew-G wrote:

Given the numerous and sometimes angry complaints in these forums of late about email accessibility, speeds, reliability and customer service,  along with Virgin Media's miserable 1.2 out of 5 rating on Trustpilot, your partner might consider she's had a lucky escape.  

Cos BT, PlusNet etc. are all glowing... 😐

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi stellastarr211,

Welcome to our community and thanks or posting.  It's lovely to hear that your partner is wanting to join the Virgin family and we would always welcome any new customer where possible.

Unfortunately we do not supply the whole of the UK so some new estates will not be eligible to get our services. You can register here to see if/when we can supply services to you if/when there available.

Kind regards Jodi.

0 Kudos