Menu
moses2505
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Keep losing Broadband connection

the Broadband connection keeps on dropping and sometimes it takes 15 -20 mins before it reconnects, also dont have any dial tone on the home phone, router seems to reboot and tries to reconnect and gets stuck in a loop, powered it off and it has come back on, not sure how long it will stay connected, go through the trouble shooter on my mobile phone and it says it is down and i can book an engineer but it doesn't allow me to select a date and time.

please advise, 

Area 22 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keep losing Broadband connection

Have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection. If they say it’s a known fault, get a fault reference number – n.b.the UK call center is still picking up.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos