Menu
MrKevFitz
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Just upgraded to M500. My Phone Wifi is 250mbps my Ethernet connection is 35mbps

How is this possible? My wifi should even be faster but the big deal is my ethernet connection is idling between 29 and 35mbps on multiple speednet tests. In fact some tests had my upload speed higher., Please advise. 

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Just upgraded to M500. My Phone Wifi is 250mbps my Ethernet connection is 35mbps

If you haven't already try restarting the hub (it does benefit from at least weekly restarts), if that doesn't help, then try a pinhole reset to take it back to factory settings, and then change anything you want again.  If you have made a lot of specific changes you want to keep, there is an effective backup and restore function in the Hub's menus.

If that doesn't work, then you might want to investigate the settings and drivers for the device with slow speed.  If it is Windows 10 that sometimes has a habit of loading generic drivers over the top of manufacturer's drivers - I've seen that on one of our household PCs.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MrKevFitz
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just upgraded to M500. My Phone Wifi is 250mbps my Ethernet connection is 35mbps

Checked all that still slow speeds on ethernet. Tried to run the service status check and got the technical error message

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

If you're still getting persistently slow ethernet speeds whilst you're seeing persistently fast wifi connections, then there's only three options: 

• Faulty hub
  • Faulty cable
  • Faulty, misconfigured or internally limited ethernet device. 

It's then trial and error.  If you don't have a spare ethernet cable and a suitable second device, then your best option is to borrow one from an obliging friend (you must know somebody with a laptop and a network cable?).  If a separate device with a different cable is still giving low speeds, then it points the finger fairly firmly at the Hub, and as a reset hasn't fixed it you'll need it replaced.  

Nothing else different about your setup?  Not running the hub in modem mode with a third party router?  What type of Ethernet connected device are you measuring on? Which speed test site?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MrKevFitz
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

SuperHub 3 not in modem mode and no 3rd party router involved.

Ethernet cable is standard Virgin Media short as can be faire. The cable was installed with the splitter that also goes into the tivo box. 

Will try the reset again. 

0 Kudos