cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just upgraded to 1gb and now my net is dead slow

Ghastous
On our wavelength

Just upgraded to 1gb from the Hub 3 and onto the hub 5 and now my net is getting a max download speed of 45mbps but my upload is 105mbs.  Come on virgin every time you give me a upgrade you always shaft me speed wise.  Oh and yeh the connection is very unstable with constant disconnects. Sounds to me im getting capped which then i wonder why as its very suss that its always at 45mbs but wont go over that but having a upload speed of 105mbs is odd

Typical virgin.

21 REPLIES 21

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ghastous 

Welcome to our community forums and thank you for your first posts.

Sorry to hear you have been having speed issues since your new hub. We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. I have had a look at your service and there seems to be an issue with your hub power levels. For this reason, I have sent you a private message. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Great! Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help after.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Ghastous
On our wavelength

Dont worry ill certanly let you know how the appointment goes cos i dont think anything is going to happen lol

Please keep us updated and we will do our best to assist from here.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Ghastous
On our wavelength

So a VIrgin engineer came out to try and fix my issue but no luck cos he said its a cable issue and needs another team to come out and fix it but would keep me updated.  2 days have passed now and ive heard nothing and my net is still unstable.  So when are you going to fix my issues.  Paying for a service and not even getting the service

Ghastous
On our wavelength

What a joke of a company.  Techniction didnt even bother to go ahead and orginise someone to fix the cables in in the box and now im being told that its my cables.  Your company needs to learn communications skills cos now im at work the rest of the week so over 1 week without working net and now its suddenly changed to my cables in my house when the techniction clearly said no its our cables out our outside box.  What a joke of a company that employs technictions that cant even do there jobs and just chat utter garbage to you and never fix the issues.

Ghastous
On our wavelength

1hr later on chat to then be told its going to be another week to get my net fixed.  Im done with this company now and im looking to move you cant even fix issues and your live chat ppl just make it worse.   And you think £5 will sweeten the deal hahaha **bleep** jokers

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ghastous, 

Thank you for updating the thread. 

We are very sorry that the issue is still ongoing for you. 

In order for us to look in to this and provide more details, I am going to pop you over a private message. 

This will be available via the red bar at the top of the page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Ghastous
On our wavelength

Just got a nice email of Virgin this Morning aswell explaining to me that there is no fault with my connection because they checked it and its all fine haha.

We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
Thank you for writing in Paul, hope this email finds you well. We regret to hear about the intermittent and slow issue . We can understand how frustrating it must be. But your to right place we will definitely be able to get it sorted to the best we can.
Our diagnostics on your home network and Hub have not found any issues that could account for connection drop-outs. This means that the issues are most likely due to the equipment being used in the home.

Typical blame the consumer while not fixing your issues.