Menu
Max54
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Just joined Virgin on M100 package and i'm having problems download comp updates.

Hi i've recently joined Virgin and had the engineer with me yesterday assuring me that i have the internet speed of 115 mb/s and a good upload speed. My problem occurs when i try to update anything my Firefox browser takes 3 to 4 minutes to download. I've explained this two or the times to different virgin personnel but feel i'm getting ignored.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Just joined Virgin on M100 package and i'm having problems download comp updates.

what speed do you get from speedtest.net using the default server on a wired connection
0 Kudos
Max54
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just joined Virgin on M100 package and i'm having problems download comp updates.

Its all OK i have just found out its a Linux server that's playing up causing the download of browser update data from the the internet to drastically slow down to a trickle. Kept on saying sometimes it would take Firefox 52mb to download in three to four minutes!

I really apologise for getting hot headed today. Had some teething problems yesterday with my set up as i was unaware that my virgin hub only had one lan operational in modem mode.

I take it all back. The speeds are just fine at the moment thanks alot.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos