cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with upload speeds

Mousey13
Tuning in

I am a twitch streamer and as of the last 2 weeks i havent been able to stream as my streams bitrate keeps crashing out and then shooting skyhigh for no apparant reason, one day it was fine and the next not. Nothing has been changed on my side and i ran some speed tests to find the results very odd. The upload speeds coming in range from about 30mbps to as low as 10mbps. In the past my upload speeds have been very similar in every speed test I have ran, i was speaking to a virgin media twitter guy and he told me to post about this problem on the forum in hope sopmeon can help as they think its an upload signal issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as i havent been able to stream for about a week now and its not really acceptable as im paying for the service and cant use it for what i need it for.

11 REPLIES 11

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Lets see the connection data - can you do this...

Post up your Hub/network connection details and someone will check to see if there is a problem there.  In your browser’s URL box type in http://192.168.0.1 (or http://192.168.100.1 - if in modem mode) (DONT click these links) - and hit return.

If you have a Hub4 or 5 then login on the first page up. If you have an SH2 or Hub3 - dont log i just click on the “router status” icon/text at bottom-middle (Hub3) or top/right (SH’s) of the Login page.

Then Navigate to these “data pages” and just copy/paste the normal “Formatted Text” (not images) 3 FULL sets of data onto here – 2 tables from the Downstream, 2 from the Upstream, & the Network Logs page. Don't worry too much about the formatting it can be easily read & DON’T include personal data or MAC addresses - blank them out - if you copy/paste the data, the board software will do this for you (you may need to click the "submit" button again). If character limits are “exceeded” - just do two posts
Also, If you haven’t already, set up a free, secure and “offlsite” - “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph”. Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then, click generate. Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see. On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon) In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening @Mousey13, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the issues with the upload speeds on your connection, has there bee any improvement to your services, following on from the helpful advice from @jbrennand?

I've look into your local area and there doesn't appear to be any outages present.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

no the issues i am experiencing are not fixed, there is definitely a problem with upload speeds, everything else is fine but i physically cannot stream without my bitrate dropping out and making the stream unwatchable. multiple speed tests show upload speeds varying from 5 up to 26mbps

Hi Mousey13, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm sorry to hear that the issues you have been having with your broadband speeds are continuing. I'm happy to take a look in to things but I've been unable to locate you on our systems using your forum credentials. I will need to confirm some information with you in order for me to proceed with checks. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Mousey13, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information. 

I've now been able to check things on our end but for some reason the checks aren't picking up the hub. This could be due to a fault or it may be due to your hub being switched off. 

Can you please reboot your hub, post back here to let us know it's on and then please leave on until you hear back from us. This will allow us to run through our diagnostics and help further. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, sorry for the late reply, the hub is now rebooted and is on, thanks again 

Hi @Mousey13

So sorry but the Hub is still showing as offline, do you have the Hub in Modem mode at all? 

If it is switched off are you able to switch it back on for us. 

Thanks again.

issue seemed to have resolved itself for a week and is now happening again, upload speeds dropping out constantly rendering my stream unwatchable, my hub is not in modem mode either, i would love to know what is going on with my internet, downloads and connectivity are fine but upload speeds are not 

Hi Mousey13,

sorry to hear you've been experiencing some connection issues again.

Looking at things from our side some of the hubs levels are showing as out of specification.

I can see it's been a little while since the hub was last rebooted, can you please do this again so we can recheck the levels?

Alex_Rm