Menu
christographer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Issues since May/Ignored complaints

Hi,

I’ve been having issues with broadband speed since May, and have been trying to seek help via chat on the app since 13th May.

It’s been a back and forth of explaining the issue, receiving a message stating “We are currently busier than normal, but one of our expert team will be with you as soon as possible.”, waiting for a reply, but by the time I get a reply I get asked to confirm my details, which I do, and then receive the above message again. It’s been happening many times, over and over again, and I’m getting no where.

I made a formal complaint 2 months ago, which was ignored, made another complaint a month ago, also ignored.

I have a disability which makes verbal communication difficult, and have requested I be contacted via email or letter, and not phone, but have not heard anything at all.

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues since May/Ignored complaints

Good Morning christographer,

Thanks for your post and I'm terribly sorry to hear you've been having issues with your broadband speed and have felt the need to raise complaints regarding this matter.

I'd be happy to take this on board and look into the speed of your broadband as well as the complaint you have open

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David

0 Kudos
christographer
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 64
Flag for a moderator

My complaints have still been unaddressed.

Received letter of apology on 22nd October, stating that someone will be in touch within the next few days regarding my complaints, and I’m still waiting.

Waited 4 hours today for an engineer, no one turned up. 

Regarding the Equality Act 2010, “companies have a legal duty to make reasonable adjustments for disabled customers, if a company doesn’t cooperate with their duty to make reasonable adjustments, the Equality Act says it’s unlawful discrimination. If they refuse, you can make a discrimination claim under the Equality.”

I now want my complaints escalated to a manager.

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 64
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Don't waste your time trying to deal with VM any more, they've had months and months to sort this out, and they clearly can't be bothered.  I suggest you raise the matter with the industry arbitration scheme CISAS, who function in a similar manner to Ombusdman Services.  Get in touch, explain the problem, see how they can help, and they'll push VM to find a solution.  The service if free to you whatever the outcome, and if VM don't offer you an acceptable solution they get charged a (well deserved) case fee of around £400.  Make sure you ask for a reasonable sum of compensation for the poor service (half your monthly cost for each month?) and for the frsutration, for VM's refusal to offer accessible communications (£200?)

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

christographer
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for commenting.

The apology letter they sent did mention cisas, I shall take your advice and look into it tomorrow.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 64
Flag for a moderator

If you've got time, you may want to check out the Equality Advisory & Support Service, contact them and see what they say.  I've seen a few complaints in these forums from customers with a range of disabilities who can't manage VM's woeful voice communication channels, and I've been unimpressed by the response.  My disabled parents had a difficult time with Sky because that scabby outfit wouldn't offer suitable communication channels, and I wouldn't be sorry to see the whole communications sector dragged over red-hot coals in respect of this persistent, self-interested failure to offer proper universal accessibility. 

I know it will be of little comfort, but fully able customers feel almost as frustrated by VM's shoddy voice service and lack of adequate non-voice channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

christographer
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Didn't know clicking a reply as useful marks the post as "solved", issue is NOT solved.

Have been trying to make a 3rd complaint since last week, but the online complaints method no longer works. You really don't make things easy for disabled customers do you Virgin Media.

pp.jpg

0 Kudos
christographer
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Received letter today. This is past a joke.

How am I meant to contact them without using a phone? No other way of communication has been provided.

The appointment on 24/10/19 did NOT resolve the issues, all he did was update the firmware, as I've told you multiple times.

How many times do I have to request for this to be escalated to a manager?

Online complaints system still not working, so will have to write a letter of complaint and send it recorded delivery.

img_3105.jpg

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Hello @christographer

Thanks so much for popping along to our forums, I'm so sorry to understand that you've been having some issues with your broadband and also with a resolution to your complaint - it's not the experience that we'd expect at all. 

We can see that you chatted with us back in October - sorry to understand that the technician we booked for you in October did not assist you. From what we can see, the technician made some changes to the equipment during the visit. 

Was it working ok before they left @christographer?

After going through your account we can see that it's been around 2 weeks since your last reboot. However, all the signal levels are what we would expect and within the parameters that we'd expect. Please do try a reboot when you can and we can check things again for you. 

You mention that you're having some speed issues - can you advise what speeds you're getting over a wired connection when checking on speedtest.net ?

I'll also ensure that your complaint is updated for you and will take ownership of this moving forward. 

Pop back when you can and well do all we can to assist you further. 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
christographer
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

The technician updated the firmware and then left, the speed wasn't tested. I assumed it had resolved the issues, until I realised it hadn't.

If you can see the private chats on here, you will see that I was informed by someone that my "power levels were low". I have already provided screenshots of wired speed tests within the private chats (between 3.5Mbps and 49Mbps for a 100Mbps package, been like it since May). I'm now unable to provide any further tests until after Christmas.

0 Kudos