Menu
joemcd121
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Issues accessing GVC group websites (Coral, Ladbrokes, Bwin, Foxy Bingo etc)

Hi,

I wondered if anyone else is having especially slow speeds accessing the following websites:

www.coral.co.uk

www.ladbrokes.com

www.bwin.com

www.foxybingo.com

They are all part of the same group. There's a few people on other forums I use saying they're having issues, but others aren't - so struggling to identify what the common issue is, wondering if it's a Virgin Media thing?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues accessing GVC group websites (Coral, Ladbrokes, Bwin, Foxy Bingo etc)

Have you got got "child safe" turned on in the Apps section of "my virgin media" in your account on the VM website.

Of so - turn it off.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Issues accessing GVC group websites (Coral, Ladbrokes, Bwin, Foxy Bingo etc)

Disable the gambling option on the child safe settings. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
joemcd121
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Definitely not that, as all sites worked fine up to yesterday. Spoken with the website's live chat and no reported issues their end, just a handful of people on forums saying they are having the same issues intermittently. Could there be any other reason why a certain server (presuming all websites in this group are hosted on the same server) isn't accessible by some users?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Only if their IP’s were blocked or there’s a routing issue.

What results does a ping and tracert yield?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos