Menu
NickWba20
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is the cap still on the Sony servers?

As been reported elsewhere Sony stifled the speeds of downloads due to Covid 19 in early April. Haa there been any news as to when they intend to return to normal with some parts of the world slowly starting to get back to work etc I was wondering if It would be anytime soon. I'm with virgin on their 350mb package and a 29gb game would normally take 15 minutes to download but with this slow down its now down to take 80 minutes after the initial part of the download went down and completed at my normal speeds. Just wondering if there has been any updates from Sony?

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is the cap still on the Sony servers?

you'll need to ask sony this
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If Sony are capping bandwidth then you need to contact Sony

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
NickWba20
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No I don't I asked this question before a month or so ago and a virgin employee was very quick to inform me that Sony had been working to lower the bandwidth on their servers so with all due respect what you claim is wrong. I believe the employees name was Harvey and I'm hoping that someone such as him would be around to ask if the cap was still in place 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes but he told you about a personal advice from something he heard. VM don;t know anything about this officially
0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

On Sony’s servers?

So speak to Sony.....

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos