Menu
sastusbulbas
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is the 512mbps Oomph broadband available in Edinburgh? Is it worthwhile?

I have a family of five, a two floor main door, 1 TV V6 box for TV downstairs. A wire from the old style screw on Virgin Tivo box is available upstairs for connection of a Tivo box.

Is 512mbps available in Edinburgh? I am still considering the Ultimate Oomph bundle, I currently have the Full House TV package with M350mbps internet and Talk Weekends.

House has three kids and their friends, various PC's, consoles, TV's, mobiles, Tablets connected via WiFi and Wired connection using an Asus router with Hub in modem mode. Quite a lot of online gaming and 4k streaming goes on which has me wonder is there more benefit getting the package I have upgraded to Oomph if available in Edinburgh? As I would benefit from a sim card it seems worth considering as a sim is also included negating some cost?

If so, can I connect a V6 to the same connector a Tivo box uses or use that installed cable? Can I install the Ultimate Oomph bundle myself?

Thankyou

0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is the 512mbps Oomph broadband available in Edinburgh? Is it worthwhile?

512mb is avalible everywhere, you would need a technician to install the second box 

0 Kudos
sastusbulbas
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

So can anyone explain why it requires a second technician?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

“you would need a technician to install the second box“

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
sastusbulbas
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Still no help, so there was a tivo box upstairs and the old cable is still hardwired upstairs with the plug that old Tivo box required, I have 360mbps speed over wifi in the bedroom, I have and can get various lengths of cat 6 cable to put through the same place the Tivo Co-Ax was installed via.

So what does an engineer have to do thats different from the self install I did myself when I got my Full House M350 Talk Weekend self install bundle all that time ago?

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Adding an additional box could mean your signal levels change and need adjusting.

Which an engineer would have to do. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If the cable to the TiVo is still live then you can just use it to connect to a V6 via the IEC connector and connect the V6 to the hub. If the cable isn't live a tech is needed to sort it out, it's possible that a barrel connector needs to be replaced with a splitter.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

They started doing Additional Outlets via quickstart but not sure if they stopped it due to high failure rates 

0 Kudos