cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is anyone else only getting 1/10th of the speed?

KeysWalker
Joining in

We’re paying for M200 expecting ultrafast speeds of 213mps download but I’m getting between 10mbps to 19mbps if we’re lucky. 

It’s been like this since it was installed, there are only 2 of us in the house as well so I expect families with more devices must really suffer. 

My work laptop is right next to the router and working from home efficiently is impossible.

It took us 8 weeks of no internet to get Virgin installed due to mess ups by Virgin, no compensation and now this… getting Virgin is my biggest regret and absolutely no support for this. 

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What speeds do you get when you connect a laptop/computer to the Hub on the ethernet cable?

How are you testing speeds browser/app at what test site ?

What Hub model did you get?

In any case try this first..

Do a Hub “pinhole reset” - first make sure the 2 passwords on the Hub sticker are still there and legible first ! Disconnect any ethernet cables from the Hub (leave the coax connected), and then with the Hub still "switched on" throughout, press pin in firmly with paper clip/SIM tray tool or similar "thin thing" and hold it firmly for at least 60 (a timed sixty) seconds, release the pin, leave for 5’ to stabilise - dont manually switch it off at any time. Passwords will reset to those on the sticker.

See if that sorts it. If not report back.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.