Menu
Nope
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Internet

It's appalling. Netflix is unwatchable, it will play for a couple of minutes then stop. Web browsing is back to the days of analogue modems. No Wifi, all ethernet, all devices affected. It's VM, but of course they'll never admit to it.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet

How long since these problems started?

Have you checked for “known VM network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), also try the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers >1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Nope
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

No issues according to all of those things.

And, of course, apparently no way of calling anyone at VM to try and get this fixed.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Nope wrote:

No issues according to all of those things.

And, of course, apparently no way of calling anyone at VM to try and get this fixed.

You never responded to Mike's post on your previous thread:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Speed/Poor-upload-and-download-speeds/m-p/4433562 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

If you call at 08.00 tomorrow you should get straight through.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Nope
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I can't even find a phone number on their crappy website to call.

Oh, and I can't log into said website because they are "protecting" it with captcha.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Nope wrote:

I can't even find a phone number on their crappy website to call.

You have three options:

• Wait for a VM staff member to reply on here (Currently 5 - 7 days).
  • Text VM on 07533 051 809.
  • Phone customer services on 0345 454 1111.
0 Kudos
Nope
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. The 0345 number works, but of course there's nobody answering, just an automated thing that eventually cuts me off after telling me that yes, there is "an intermittent fault".

FWIW: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/df81b7098f8bb45decb1c37074385d405d...

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

They have gone to bed as they have to be back for 08.00

--------------------
John
--------------------

0 Kudos