Menu
TylerPickstock
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet speeds drop when downloading/updating

When I download/update on the PC the rest of the internet goes really slow, we usually get 500MB download, but when I do a download we get like 5MB max and you can't load websites, discord, teams video calls. The consoles don't do it, just the PC. Any help is much appreciated 🙂

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
conman33158
Super solver
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speeds drop when downloading/updating

This would be normal behaviour as the PC is using all the bandwidth to download the updates and also using most of the system resources to install them. You would be better turning off updates and update at a time that's convenient for you when you're not needing the use to the internet and PC 🙂

***********************************************************************************************************************************
Super Hub 4.0 (modem mode) - Gig1 Fibre FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - conman33158
0 Kudos
TheChairman
Up to speed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speeds drop when downloading/updating

The pc will not take all that bandwidth unless you're using a download manager to get the updates. If you're referring to windows updates then the answer is certainly not.

Can you go to speedtest.net and do both a single thread download test and a  multi thread download without anything else running.

0 Kudos