cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet speed

Peter4858
On our wavelength

Hi all, I have gig 1 and have just done a speed test , I don’t quite understand these sort of things so I thought I would consult the experts as you guys seem to know this stuff very well. So it tells me that my download speeds is 145 mbps and upload is 92.2 mbps . So is this right or is it way off? Thank you

regards Pete 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pars
Superfast

Try running the realspeed tester to separate internal effects from external.

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

This is what it gives me on a Gig1 service:

virgin speed.JPG

M350 over FTTP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Pars
Superfast

Try running the realspeed tester to separate internal effects from external.

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

This is what it gives me on a Gig1 service:

virgin speed.JPG

M350 over FTTP

Peter4858
On our wavelength

Hi and thanks, sorry for the late reply, my router speed is about the same, but the device speed is lower as it tells me it’s a mobile device, 

@Peter4858 wrote:

Hi and thanks, sorry for the late reply, my router speed is about the same, but the device speed is lower as it tells me it’s a mobile device, 

This means you are wireless and not connected to the actual router, this will always be slower unless you use a wired connection.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
BT Full Fibre 900 FTTP - Asus RT-AX82U to Openreach ONT Box & Asus RT-AX56U with AiMesh setup
***********************************************************************************************************************************
My Broadband Ping - BT Full Fibre 900

That's good in a way.

It means that your Virgin connection is working fine and any restriction is created your mobile device.

If you want to extract the full capability of your service you need to be hardwired (ideally via a 2.5Gbps network connection).

M350 over FTTP