Menu
Speedynot01
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet speed

Anyone else having speed issues this past week? I have the 100mbps but getting well below 30 mbps constantly. I have rebooted the router many times to no avail.

Working from home so rally need it for my work. Getting very frustrated.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speed

How are you connecting your device[s], Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Speedynot01
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Wifi but this has only started in the past week. Been fine for the past 6 months. Restarted the router countless times plus changed the channel on the router the other day. This is something I usually train so have hit a brick wall with the speeds and can only find the issue with unreliable speeds.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Welcome to the Trials & Tribulations of Wi-Fi

The problem with Wi-Fi is that it can be brilliant at breakfast time and useless by lunchtime and you haven't changed anything, BUT, something, somewhere has changed, then you can spend hours and even days trying to find a fix for something that can be totally out of your control.

If you remove all the internal walls, electronic and electrical devices, metallic pipes and conduits and wrap the whole building in a thick lead shield you will have a good chance of getting decent Wi-Fi from a VM Hub.

Many people have accepted that the VM Wi-Fi is poor and have purchased third party equipment that is much, much more powerful than the VM supplied kit and once set up have wondered why they waited for so long.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Speedynot01
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I may have to go down that route 👍

0 Kudos