Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Internet speed

My internet speed has gone really slow and websites are crashing out including virgin media’s own. A speed test has it at 130 mb per second download when it should be 200. Is this due to the current situation eg people working from home and reduced maintenance staff at Virgin 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speed

Hi Fozz43, are you testing on wifi or wired connection? Have you tested on another device? Thanks, Marty

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

A wired connection the speed is in and out usually half of what it should be but does get up to 200 now and again 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi

i managed to speak to a virgin media rep yesterday he was really good . However I forgot to ask if virgin media supply boosters that you plug in to boost your wi fi . We did a quiz on house party with friends the other night and our wi fi was too slow it even showed on the hosts screen with a symbol on our screen indicating problems with the wi fi they sent us a photo. They are also virgin customers and said they have something. Can this be confirmed.. thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

What are we dealing with here?

Slow speeds or poor Wi-Fi coverage?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

a bit of both

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Some results from some wired speed tests would help 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

171 today download 

0 Kudos