Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Internet speed

Hi I have the fibre optic broadband 350 package but ever since it was installed the speed has been terrible, running more like 17mbps to 32 mbps rather than 350 mbps!! Does anyone else have this problem and know how to solve it? I’m at the end of my patience with Virgin - been a nightmare from day one!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet speed

are you testing the speeds wirelessly?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes that’s correct, using Speedtest.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

you can't rely on a speedtest done wirelessly as wireless can be affected by factors outside anyone's control. You must test using a gigabit wired connection to get a true reading of the speed you are getting

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the feedback and will look into that. Regardless of how I’m testing I still know how bad the speed is because my phone works quicker on 4G so more often than not I turn my WiFi off, so paying for something I don’t use, plus when I go on YouTube or Netflix though my TV the buffering is non-stop so I again have to revert back to my phone and 4G. Just such a terrible service and can not wait to leave and get another service very soon!! Will never use Virgin again or recommend it to anyone!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

"Regardless of how I’m testing I still know how bad the speed is because my phone works quicker on 4G so more often than not I turn my WiFi off"

You are testing with one system and comparing it to another. You can't do that. What you get on 4g had ZERO impact on wireless interference on the 2.4ghz or 5ghz

0 Kudos