cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet is slow

AtomicBoom369
On our wavelength

Hi folks, I've been using powerline adapters for about 5 years now and it's been so every since, I finally had enough since I'm paying for 350m download speed. Usual speed are below ten. I phoned them today and the women was extremely unhelpful and basically offered me solutions which I tried a thousands times over the course of the five years. I use my PC upstairs and run a powerline adapter to get the connection. But the speeds are the same with Wi-Fi. Even if I'm right next to the router. I was hoping to bring the hub back upstairs but I'd need to get a technician out. 

20 REPLIES 20

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest/1642436007258024855

I got slightly better download speeds, but nowhere near what I'm paying for.

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12620621279.png

Thanks for coming back to us@AtomicBoom369.

I have looked into your account and cannot see anything that would be causing such issues.

How is your connection running at the moment? 

Regards,

Steven_L

https://www.speedtest.net/result/12643227127.png

This is from today

Only thing I can think of suggesting for myself is getting someone out and asking to move the Hub back upstairs but I don't know if that'll solve speed problem.

Thanks for coming back to us @AtomicBoom369.

Moving the hub may resolve the speed issues as it would be closer to your work area, so that you will be getting much quicker speeds.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message but there is a £25 charge to do this, would you like to go ahead with this?

Please let me know and I will send the private message over for us to get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

Sure let's setup it up in the PM's

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AtomicBoom369,

Welcome back to our community.

From reviewing our services I can't see that this was followed up.

I will send you a PM now to get this sorted.

Cheers,

Kain

No worries.

Anyone able to send a PM to get this started.

Hi AtomicBoom369, 

Thanks for your coming back to us. I'm really sorry to see that the previous PM wasn't sent. We're not sure what happened there. 

I have sent you a private message to get the relocation booked in. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi AtomicBoom369,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs