cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet dropping

Cookster100
Joining in

I’ve had my internet with virgin for over 10 years and been great however the last 10 days has been awful

internet is constantly dropping out.

I contact virgin and they say box is working fine.

I ask for an engineer and they say your box is working you don’t need one 

it’s bloody crazy .. customers services simply not listening 

HELP

4 REPLIES 4

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When your connection drops is this over WiFi or ethernet or both? 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Its both....I use the virgin hub 3  router in modem mode with my own netgear nighthawk router.....However you see the signal drop out and the lights on the virgin router go white then green and then finally purple as it reconnects.. Its clearly the signal coming in dropping

Virgin media run a test and say my router looks fine or tell me to perform a reset......It cutout 8 times yesterday....

All i want is an engineer from virgin to come and check the line or replace the cable and it seems im asking to much 

virgin customer support is so poor when you have a problem.....

Set up a free BQM, and post a live link here. This will record the dropouts.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cookster100, thanks for getting in touch. 

Sorry about the problems you've had with your connection. I've taken a look into this using your forum details and can see there are issues with the power levels that will require the attention of an engineer.

So we can get that arranged I will contact you via PM, just look out for the purple envelope icon and get back to me when you can.

Tom