Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet dropping out and speed much lower than expected.

Hi

i ordered the ultimate bundle on 3rd Sept and I have to say so far I’ve been disappointed with both speed and loss of wifi signal. The highest speed I’ve had so far is 255 mbps (using your own speed test) which is roughly half the speed of the package I bought, and that’s about 1 metre or less from the hub.

How can I go about getting this addressed please? i understand I should be able to get signal boosters that should help but I’d need three of them.

I want to give Virgin the opportunity to sort this out but frankly the quality is falling well short of expectations.

thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping out and speed much lower than expected.

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet dropping out and speed much lower than expected.

Hi eddien60

Thanks for posting and apologies for the WiFi speeds.

I've checked the system today and no issues are showing. It's showing 1 device using WiFi that would be performing better using the 5Ghz band on the router. 

Have you got a hub 3 router and a smartphone? If so, please download for free, the Virgin Media Connect app from the phone's app store. When installed, you can do a wireless scan in the property. This scan will optimise the connection where possible to do so. It'll also check for any coverage blackspots in the property and if a booster is needed, 
you'll be prompted to order one. You can find out more - here

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos