cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down in west Leicester

JeffE
Joining in

My PC connects to my Virgin Media Hub4 via Ethernet.
On a good day I get 120 Mbps download speed.  For the last two weeks I have been getting less than 2 Mbps, using the Which? broadband checker.  Power cycling the hub does nothing.  When I use the  Virgin Media service checker it says there are no broadband issues in my area.  When I use the VM hub tester, it says "Sorry, we can’t run a test on your services right now".

Is anyone else having trouble in west leicester?

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JeffE 

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level tjhan the online service checker.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @JeffE 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your service, I have checked and I cannot see any reported outages. 

Can I confirm do you have the Hub set in router mode? 

Yes, my Hub is in router mode.  Download is just as slow when using WiFi as it is when using ethernet.
I have tried the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061, but it says there are no problems.
I am currently getting a download speed of 3.8 Mbps and a response time of 13 msecs.

Jeff

Client62
Legend

Speed test the service to a Router mode Hub(3/4/5) + your device with the link below.

https://www.samknows.com/realspeed/

Once the test begins click on: Run full test to see all the stats.

This is VM's own test and the speed Up/Down speed to the Hub should match your subscription.

JeffE
Joining in

The problem has mysteriously gone away.  I am now getting 130 Mbps download, which is fine.

Jeff