Menu
jonpca
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet connection dead and no one answering the phone at Virgin!

Hello. I'm in area 31, postcode RG10 9LN.

Yesterday afternoon our internet connection ground to a halt. Upload actually seemed OK, but download, if it worked at all, was less than 0.2Mbps. I checked the obvious stuff and when that didn't work, I called 150.

The person at the other end of the phone had me check everything I had already done; reboot, take the superhub 2 out of modem only mode, test with two different computers on two different ethernet cables, and then a hard reset of the superhub by poking something in the small hole.

No change. So he said someone would call back today to help. But of course no one has.

The problem is still there - interestingly, the first speedtest I did this evening gave good results, but then straight after speeds dropped to next to nothing.

I have called back. I have been in the "three minute" queue for 45 minutes now! And I need to hang up and get my son to football!

I'm no engineer - but surely it has to be a broken superhub and a replacement should be sent. Or it needs an engineer visit arranged to check the connection. No idea why that couldn't be concluded yesterday. But I can't sit on hold any longer! Please can a virgin moderator help. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet connection dead and no one answering the phone at Virgin!

Hi there jonpca, thanks for your post.

Apologies for the delay in responding to this.

Have you been able to have this issue resolved since posting this?

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
jonpca
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello. Yes fixed. I was only on hold for 20 minutes on Saturday, and that person arranged an engineer for Tuesday as they thought power levels looked odd. The engineer fixed the power levels. Not sure why the call centre person I spent Thu evening talking to couldn't see the same issue and didn't arrange an engineer - it could have been sorted much earlier if he had. But it is sorted now. Thanks. Jon 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Ah I see, i'm glad to hear this has been the case.

Sorry it did take longer than expected to be fixed.

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos