cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Lost every 5 Minutes and Upload Speed is Very Low Time to Time

enes808080
On our wavelength

Dear VM,

Our connection keeps dropping very frequently (sometimes every 5 minutes), this started happening in the last few months. Sometimes, upload speed drops to less than 1 mbps.

We are looking forward for your help.

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @enes808080

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're facing some problems with your connection recently. Is this impacting your wired connection too, or just wireless/Wi-Fi? What steps have you taken thus far in an effort to remedy this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

enes808080
On our wavelength

Hello Zach,

Many thanks for your kind response. We dont use wired connection, but it is impacted too (our tv loses connection for example). I rebooted and reset our modem many times, but did not work. I changed the channel optimization settings as well, but it did not work neither.

Not sure what else could be done, would be great to get some support.

Enes

Hi @enes808080,

Thank you for expanding and clarifying. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can take a closer look at what's going on. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @enes808080

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we could look into this for you. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the booking publicly, but this can be checked and managed via the My Virgin Media online account. It may not appear straight away, but after an hour or so it should update and show it.

A fault technician visit is free of charge unless one of the below instances apply:

•    You are not present for the technician visit.
•    The fault is due to your own equipment.
•    The fault is due to damage caused by yourself or someone at the premises which we were not aware of.
•    The fault is due to theft, loss, or removal of equipment.

If any of the above apply, there will be a £25 charge which will be added to the next monthly bill.

You can find more information about this here.

Let us know how the visit goes either way.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team