Menu
acamero
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internet Issues and wrong package

Hi Team

I recently moved from SKY after 8 years on the promise of better speed and service. 

I have the same number of devices connected to my network and am supposed to be getting upwards of 200+ Mbps but having joined only this week, I'm getting significant issues with speed. I've used the tools available to diagnose and test and that status checker says there are no issues but frequent ping tests are suggesting my speed is all over the place and not consistent. On many occasions I'm struggling to even get above 40Mpbs download. 

I'm getting very frustrated and close to cancelling the service as it was at least more consistent when I was with SKY and the customer service was better as with Virgin it's almost impossible to talk to a human being. 

Just to add to my issue, the Sales guy I spoke to offered me the M500 Ultimate Ooomph package but I seem to be on the M200. I've checked and I should be getting the M500 based on my contract price. I've tried to get a response from the sales guy and despite promises have heard nothing. If this is going to be a taster of Virgin's response to customer care then I'm ready to cancel the service within the terms of my contract and cool off period unless you can help.

In the current climate both my wife and I work from home frequently. My wife is Blue light services and I support Public Sector so have to run a number of Teams calls which seem to be struggling far more with Virgin than they did when I was on SKY. This seems ridiculous when I have an FTTP service that's supposedly giving my more than 3 times the capacity that I was getting from SKY.

What am I missing? 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet Issues and wrong package

Couple of questions - what Hub model do you have and what package are you on?
Is it just speed issues that you are having or are there any complete dropouts as well?
Also are all of the issues just on wifi connections or are your ethernet cable connected devices also having issues at the same time ? And what devices are you using?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos