Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent speed on m350 sometimes less than 1mbps

The download speeds range from above 300mbps to sometimes as low as less than one. I’ve tried every troubleshooting tip I can think of, have tried calling virgin and even had responses on Twitter with no help so far. 
I've used the app to try improve connection across the house but I even have issues at my desk which is about 4 meters away from the hub with no obstructions. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent speed on m350 sometimes less than 1mbps

Which Hub do you have ?

What speeds do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent speed on m350 sometimes less than 1mbps

Hi Mike,

I think it's the hub 3 router?

Over ethernet, we get 16ms ping, 388mbps down, and 36mbps up. Wi-Fi isn't that different in terms of speed it's just the issue of it often dropping to almost nothing on a range of devices in the house. 

0 Kudos