Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent performance for video and audio - 1Gb service

Hi,

I am consistently receiving 900Mb-1000Mb+ download and 45-50Mb upload; however, approximately 50% of the time I am unable to use the service for video and audio collaboration. It behaves itself for an hour or two and then is impossible to use for a similar period of time. I always maintain the connection to Skype/Teams/Zoom/WebEx etc, but lose 20-30% of the audio. It has been like this for over 2 weeks and consistently, other members of video calls are able to see and hear each other, I am the weak link.

Thinking it was originally a local WIFI issue, I have been wired for the last 2 weeks and have also tried modem only, using a Netgear Nighthawk etc, but it made no difference, so reverted to router mode.

Any advice anyone could offer would be much appreciated as I am really struggling. It comes to something when tethering to a 4G phone gives better network performance.

I don't really understand what I'm looking at: 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/284834a6c92deb068ed7730e5952255a991a5226-20-04-2020

I would be super grateful for any help anyone can provide.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent performance for video and audio - 1Gb service

Have been having exactly the same problems, though on a 100MB service. Speedtests show mostly OK results but problem is latency & my BQM is a mass of blue, yellow and red. Apparently down to an outage in my area but that outage actually seems just to be network unable to handle the current load.

It's the latency that's the killer for video calls. If you're experiencing anything like my issue, you'll receive other people's streams OK but you can't broadcast as there's a massive lag, voice doesn't get through etc... It's the latency that kills the broadcasting.

0 Kudos