Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent internet and slow speeds

I have experienced issues since my broadband was installed tried the self check and restart, reboot happy place. Had an engineer out once and said everything is fine. I’m not usually home much but since lock down I can see just how bad it is. My speed tester says 9 out of 10 times it’s 100mb plus. But can’t seem to stream a simple 500mb programme. And not getting anywhere through the app and unable to resolve on line. And nobody in the office. My contract is due to end in may and am really considering cancelling. Any ideas

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intermittent internet and slow speeds

Hi,
Please send me a PM with your account number and area ref and I can look at this for you.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a serving Field Technician at Virgin however all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

E1FB6B24-4765-48A4-BEA0-5618F4574A76.png

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have spoken to a few of my neighbours and they have been having the sameness issues and told me that an engineer called and there external box was configured incorrectly. I’m just wondering if this would be the case with me also?  Really just want an engineer to check the external box. And if there is a fault great. But if not then I will not be staying as the speed is a right pain especially when we decide to access internet on multiple devices 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Account [MOD EDIT: Account number removed]

area 25

0 Kudos