cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent disconnections over several weeks

Mictester
On our wavelength

Yet again, we're off line. Always seems to happen on Wednesdays and always when VM claim they are "improving the network". All we get are repeated disconnections and poor, laggy performance.

This morning is the worst, however. We woke at 7.30 to discover no service. I restarted the Hub 3 as usual to no avail. I called customer services, and on the second attempt connected to a well-spoken, intelligent English woman who did her best to identify the issue. As usual, she had back-channel access to the hub, but there's still no service. "I'll check if there's any work going on in your area". A couple of minutes of silence (the music on hold is broken), and at 9 AM on the dot, the awful MOH began. I endured about a minute of the usual racket, and then the call was cut off.

Trying to call again, I was met with a succession of people with impenetrable Asian accents down abysmal VOIP lines. None of these had the slightest clue about anything at all, apart from demanding that I "restart the Hub".

The next kick when I was already down is the failure of our VM landline. We now have no VM Service at all.

This shambles has persisted for weeks, and at no time have we been offered any recompense by VM.

The ineptitude of VM will be their downfall. It's no wonder that everyone around here is connecting to City Fibre (REAL broadband with fibre to the home) as soon as it becomes available. When it arrives next month, we'll get a 1Gb/s service, at just over half of the VM price.

VM are entirely deaf to my need for a reliable telephone service (I have life critical medical devices that rely on telephony). BT can't provide here in a reasonable time....

Complaints to VM Head Office are met with no response whatsoever.  I really is time that they went out of business!

1 REPLY 1

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond on this "complaint" in a day or two on here.

In the meantime stick to your other thread for help on identifying the technical issues

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/Connection-Failure-yet-again/td-p/4872356

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.