cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent connection

BARBORA
Tuning in

I keep getting intermittent connection every few day and this issue continues for an hour or two at least. It is not a SPEED issue, but intermittent connection (with the upload speed suddenly as low as 1 Mbps or less. The upload speed is not always affected). All our devices experience the issue at the same time and I have had this issue confirmed by your representatives on several different occasions via email, phone and live chat. Our computers are wired with an Ethernet cable, so definitely not a wi-fi issue. 

I tried calling today, but I kept being transferred and then disconnected after being on hold for 20 minutes. 

I have checked, restarted, reconnected EVERYTHING many times. It has been happening over the last couple of months and has gotten worse with time. I am streamer, so even a 10 minute downtime is a dealbreaker. 
50 REPLIES 50

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BARBORA 

Are there any known issues?

Have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

The Check Service Status is often only populated with details of wide spread outages.

You could also try the automated Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more localised issues down to postcode level.

Whilst not ideal it's probably a better indicator of known problems and should also show the latest estimated date/time for the fault to be repaired.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hey Dave,

Thanks for your message.

I have tested the connection many, many times - we usually get a ‘there is an issue/intermittent service in your area’ and it will be fixed in the next 24 hours. It usually does get fixed, but it happens several times a week and since I stream every day, this is a big deal. 
I also called the number on the website and got the same message - there is an issue and will be fixed, but no fix yet. 

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you @BARBORA.

Sorry to hear of the recent issues with the connection.

I've been able to look into your local area and can see that an outage is currently present and is estimated to be fixed at 13:40 today.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused, and we'll do all we can to have this resolved for all effected users.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thanks for this.

Yes, we’ve currently been without the internet for 24 hours. 
However, the issue with intermittent signal has been ongoing for 2 months and none has even tried to tell us what the issue is. If this cannot be resolved asap, I will have to switch provider. I run 2 online business and these outages are simply unacceptable. 

Hi there @BARBORA

Thank you for popping back to us and I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with your services!

I understand how frustrating this must be and I am very sorry to say I can see the outage has been extended with a new estimated fix time of the 27th of December at 1.35 am.

Thank you

Good morning!

the issue is back and the internet went down again last night and your website does say that ‘there is an issue in your postcode affecting your service’. I am getting very frustrated. Please tell us what the issue is and fix it. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@BARBORA wrote:

<snip>  I run 2 online business and these outages are simply unacceptable. 

There are no SLA’s on Residential contracts. If you need this, you will have to get a VM Business account. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It still isn’t fixed. 
This is getting ridiculous. 
I need some answers, please!

What is the issue and when will it actually be fixed?

Hi @BARBORA sincere apologies for this.

I've had another look at things for you, and the latest is that it is due to be fixed today.

If this is still happening after today, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Many thanks

Tom_W