Menu
MarkFleetwood
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent connection drop

Over the past 3 weeks my internet connection has been intermittently dropping out regularly resulting in me losing connection on video/audio calls regularly 
online tests run on VM website suggest no issues and no issues in my area despite news reports suggesting otherwise.

Sometimes a switch on/off of the Hub will improve situation.

Please advise anything that may help resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Steve_O1
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent connection drop

Hi MarkFleetwood,

So there is a lot of factors that will affect your Broadbands overall performance. So I would like to help narrow these down with you.
If you are having to restart the router multiple times this is normally a bad sign. Before restarting it do the lights change at all? And do you have a SuperHub3?

Yes on the news you will see some reports of our Network being down but this was Nationally and is now resolved. Despite there being a lot more traffic on our network I am lead to believe that this should not affect individually performance as we do not throttle control. This may not be the case in a high utilized area where a Network Ticket may be out to create an additional outlet/pod.

I can check your particular area if you can PRIVATE MESSAGE me with your account number and area reference.

Thanks,
Steve
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician currently working from home. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Did you know you can get £50 off your bill for referring friends and family to Virgin Media? Want to know more? Just drop me a message!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Noghar
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent connection drop

You don't say what part of the country you are in but I am in West London and have been getting an identical fault for the last few weeks - internet dropping out several times an hour sometimes, before coming back at full speed. It even affects my TV signal which I believe is a seperate modem.

0 Kudos