Menu
Clare_walker
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband

Our WiFi is terrible. Constantly intermittent, dropping out. I have reported, rebooted hub. Still no help

I genuinely despair. My neighbour in same area having same problems. Told would be sent email after tests last week and never happened. 150 won't answer. How can I fix this? The speed is awful and it drops out with no warning 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband

Hi Clare_Walker, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry you've been having some issues with the services lately, this isn't good. 

I've had a look into the back end of things and can't see any issues, can you advise what is happening exactly? 

Is the internet dropping out on both a Wi-Fi and wired connection? Is the hub displaying any lights that it doesn't usually?

Can you also make sure the hub is in the up right position in an open space? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Clare_walker
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The internet drops out intermittently on all devices. It crashes with no warning. I called last week and was told speed is really slow. I was told you would run tests and you would email. This hasn't happened

I have rebooted hub several times and it doesn't fix the problems.there are no errors on the hub, it's a speed/service issue.

My neighbour in the same road is having the same issues. It's making working from home and home schooling impossible and causing so much stress. I just want to talk to someone 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Can I ask you to send us what speeds you're getting on a wired test and on a Wi-Fi test please so we can look into this further?

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Clare_walker
Joining in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

How do I do this?

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

If you go to speedtest.net on your device that is connected via Wi-Fi so for example a phone or iPad and click "Run test". It will then let you know what speeds you're getting via Wi-Fi. We'd then need you to do the same on a device that is connected via Ethernet if possible so a Laptop or PC - the wired test will let us know what speeds are coming into the house. 

You can find out more on how to do that here

There are a lot of factors that can impact the Wi-Fi connection so I'd also take a look here and see if that helps.

Let us know how you get on. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Clare_walker
Joining in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Wireless 61.3 download 18.6 upload

Wired 126.4 download 19.8 upload

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks Clare. 

I've had a look into the back end again and it does advise that there is a device you're using via Wi-F that is too close to the hub that would work better via Ethernet, if you did this it would also improve the overall Wi-Fi connection within the home.

Is there anything you can think of that this might be? 

Also what you can do is a pin hole reset on the hub, connect one device and run a speed test and see how things are. From here it is likely due to the amount of devices connected and a certain device taking up too much bandwith. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Clare_walker
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The only thing near the hub is the TV or Xbox ( which is off). Are you honestly telling me that our internet is rubbish because it's connected to our smart TV? 

I should be able to use more than one device in our home. This isn't helpful. I am paying a ridiculous amount for a service that doesn't work properly

0 Kudos
Clare_walker
Joining in
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Also this doesn't explain why my neighbours in our street are having the exact same connection disruption!? They are having the same issues

0 Kudos