Menu
Jenni234
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband- how to get Virgin to respond to streetwide issues?

Our street has been suffering intermittent broadband issues for several weeks. We have a street whatsapp group where we exchange information, so we know that these are issues that multiple households are experiencing: today for example, three different houses had Virgin broadband stop working at the same time. 9 days out of last 16 days, at least one house in our street has had broadband issues bad enough for us to bother to tell each other about it, and most of those days it's more than one. It varies in scale from intermittent on/off to some longer periods.

Individual complaints just end up with advice to restart hub. When queried about the collective nature of the issue, we just get told there are no area issues showing on the system. But we are trying to tell Virgin there is an issue.

My question is, is there a way to get Virgin to register this and investigate the issues our street is experiencing? Or is the truth that the service provided is unreliable in a general way, and not due to a specific fault, so it can't be solved (other than change provider)?

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband- how to get Virgin to respond to streetwide issues?

Assume that you and your group members have all called in to report the faults.

If so the status will show on the ” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum). or on the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to postcode level. These may not be listed on the Area Status web page (Areas are not “Geographic” they are billing areas) as that usually only covers faults affecting 1000’s of customers) so phone may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers. Hence the need for everyone to report any faults.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Hayley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband- how to get Virgin to respond to streetwide issues?

Hello @Jenni234,

Welcome to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry for the issues that you are having with us recently.

I am unable to find a account for you using your forums details, can you tell me what you see when you click this link here.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos