Menu
SKVM
Tuning in
Message 1 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Connection for more than two months!

Hello everyone,

I can't believe i'm starting my new year with this complaint! Already raised two of them with Virgin media and no response whatsoever from them for the last two months. Tired of waiting on the phone for hours with no luck!

My connectivity is getting worse and worse. I'm using my hotspot for more than week or two continuously as this issue continues to happen for more than two months! Virgin media auto test did suggest that there is an intermittent issue with my line and they will send a link with which I can book an engineer. But that link only ends up with resetting the hub which i did many times. I have lost count of rebooting the hub!

I'm at a loss now as to what my next steps should be. These people are not contactable by phone and complaints on their portal!!

Is there a way I can set up a engineer appointment?

Thank you very much in advance

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Connection for more than two months!

Lets get an overall picture of your connection, to start with can you set up a Broadband Quality Monitor (BQM) at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you should post the link straight away.

Please post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Live Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then Advanced Settings > Tools > Network Status.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 4 of 33
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @SKVM

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you've been having some broadband issues recently and not had any luck getting things looked at as yet. 

Whilst our lines are open, we are asking customers to only call in an emergency to allow more vulnerable customers to get through; as such, we have a variety of other ways to contact us if you need to from texting, Social Media, Live Chat and of course here on our Community. 

There is also your online account where you can go through self-checks and even book a technician if one is needed or it will give you further help and information to get the best help you need for your issue. 

I have located your account from here and can see that there has been some intermittent issues with your line that have been showing for the last 7 days; we can also see that you're having some signal issues which can only be resolved with a technician visit. 

As such, I have booked you the first available slot we have on the system; you can check the date and time of this via your online account at anytime. If the slot is not convenient, you can also reschedule via your online account

If you have any issues viewing your slot, please do pop back and let us know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

SKVM
Tuning in
Message 5 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, Katie
0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 6 of 33
Flag for a moderator

No worries at all @SKVM - we're you able to locate the appointment time ok?

Stay safe

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
SKVM
Tuning in
Message 7 of 33
Flag for a moderator

I changed it to afternoon but Saturday works fine.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 8 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Glad you managed to locate it and get it swapped over easy enough @SKVM - cheers so much for the update. 

Let us know how the visit goes. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
SKVM
Tuning in
Message 9 of 33
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team Manager
Forum Team Manager
Message 10 of 33
Flag for a moderator

Thanks @SKVM - looks like it's just started so we can check again in a couple of days. 

Even so, we have a technician booked to come and check your signal levels for you 🙂 

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos