Menu
revart
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Broadband

Hi,

For the past two weeks I have been having issues with my broadband connection. The internet keeps dropping on several devices throughout the day even though I am on the M100 Fibre Broadband plan. Since I am working from home, this has has been an absolute nightmare as I keep getting disconnected from calls and loose the work in progress. 

I have restarted many times but the problem is still there. I have ran a service check and it says that all is good, but it is not! My area is BL6.

Please fix this asap.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Broadband

Wired or wireless?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
revart
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Wireless

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Try a wired connection to see if it's more stable

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Emeng
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Has your connection been fixed?

I'm in the exact same situation. WIFI connection has been dropping off and on since last week. It's such a pain while working from home! I've done a few tests as suggested which all shows fine but I know it's not! would be grateful if you can share some tips.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Emeng wrote:

Hi, 

Has your connection been fixed?

I'm in the exact same situation. WIFI connection has been dropping off and on since last week. It's such a pain while working from home! I've done a few tests as suggested which all shows fine but I know it's not! would be grateful if you can share some tips.

Many thanks

You need to start your own thread ideally.

What is a wired connection like?

0 Kudos
Emeng
Tuning in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply Gary, my first time posting here.

I don't have the wire unfortunately. I've done speed test via the help function on VM website and it shows all good...

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Wireless speeds and connections aren't guaranteed.

You need to test with a wired connection to ascertain if it's a wireless issue or an overall connectivity issue.

0 Kudos
revart
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

My router is in a different room from the one I use for work, so I cannot test/use the wired connection. And like I said, multiple devices like my mobile and other devices which can't be wired loose the connection.

The problem is still not resolved.

Thanks

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It will be difficult to resolve without cooperation and testing.

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hubs admin pages.

0 Kudos