Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Broadband and abysmal wifi

I'm suffering intermittent loss of broadband with a wired connection and abysmal wifi (when I have a connection) today.  Wired broadband speed normally tops out at around 230mb, with wifi sometimes getting close to this figure.  SH3 is in modem mode as I run a mesh system.

Any reason for the terrible performance today and intermittent wifi speeds, today I'm getting about 4gb on wifi?

Wifi performance in general seems to be very hit and miss.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Broadband and abysmal wifi

4GB is nothing to cry about (assuming you mean Mbps).

What speeds do you get wired direct to the hub and not via the mesh?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

4GB would be pretty good! 😁

Well weirdly I cant get a connection from the modem on my laptop with a wired connection, but I can from the mesh!  Need to look at the configuration to see what is happening.  Annoyingly I can get 220mbps with a wired connection on the mesh, but the wifi is 10-20mbps depending on the device used.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like an issue with the mesh setup then. 

What system is it?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Everything seems back to normal today, hitting good wifi speeds once again (200mb first thing this morning).  Guess there was some issue with Virgin yesterday (a lot of the country seemed to have had an issue).  Would be nice if Virgin provided better info on this!

0 Kudos