Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent Broadband Gig1 Fibre

Hi All,

I've been having a tonne of issues over the 5 days or so with my Gig1 broadband connection with the internet dropping a dozen or so times a day (that i notice, it could be a lot more).

I work from home for the NHS and its causing me a nightmare with work now and is completely unsustainable.

Ive ran the built in check but it says everything is fine even when its clearly not.

Ive restarted multiple times but the issues keep happening.

Thanks in advanced.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent Broadband Gig1 Fibre

What’s dropping?

Wired or WiFi connections?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Speeds dropping?  UK mainland utilisation issues, so many working from home now that the system slows down periodically

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@Buffer6 wrote:

Speeds dropping?  UK mainland utilisation issues, so many working from home now that the system slows down periodically

Not necessarily 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

All connections go down, PC & Nvida Shield is connected via Ethernet and everything else connected via Wifi.

I can always connect to the local network as i play from a local network connected hard drive.

I have the hub 4 in modem mode connected to a TP-LINK Archer 3200 and i can see Hub 4 flashing when it looses connection and attempts to re-establish.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@gary_dexter wrote:

@Buffer6 wrote:

Not necessarily 

Only if you live in the real world.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I was hoping, considering i have one of the fastest / most expensive broadband packages currently available, that connection issues would be a thing of the past.

In reality I've had more issues in 2 months of having Gig1 than i did the previous 2 years on my 350mb package ☹️

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superstar
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@Coffmad wrote:

I was hoping, considering i have one of the fastest / most expensive broadband packages currently available, that connection issues would be a thing of the past.

In reality I've had more issues in 2 months of having Gig1 than i did the previous 2 years on my 350mb package ☹️

We didn't have Covid-19 back then, now you have school children and unemployed people with time on their hands and the Internet to play with.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@Buffer6 wrote:

@gary_dexter wrote:

@Buffer6 wrote:

Not necessarily 

Only if you live in the real world.

So I’m sat here on full speeds for what reason?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Post the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hub admin pages 

0 Kudos