Menu
Tooi
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Incredibly slow upload speeds in evenings

Hi there, every day after 7-8pm the internet upload speeds go down to incredibly an incredibly low 0.01 - 0.02mbps if I'm lucky which is so bad, I can't even talk to my friends as my voice doesn't go through and I can't game as it causes major issues there too. It's mostly the upload speed but I feel like it even effects being able to watch Netflix or connecting to certain websites.

Uploading an image or file, no matter how small they are becomes impossible so it won't work if I have to send something important that is work related which is unnaceptable. I was willing to give it a few weeks to see if it's just Virgin Media fixing things on their side but the problem has persisted for way too long now and calling without being put on hold for over an hour is impossible so I'm hoping to find some sort of solution here. Thank you for your time.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incredibly slow upload speeds in evenings

If you haven’t already, set up a free and secure “Broadband Quality Monitor” to continually monitor the state of your connection and record any true network dropouts , latency issues, packet drops, etc - it will thus allow you to differentiate between those and simple wifi dropouts. It does it 24/7/365 and it keeps a visual record of any/all of your network disconnections, useful data to have to match to the Network logs (in your Hub settings) and also in discussions with VM - note it will take a few hours to start seeing a sensible picture - post up the “link” to the “share live graph” (as per instructions on the TB website) when it starts to develop.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Tooi
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thank you for the reply! I have set that up now and will check back on it this evening when the dropouts usually happen to see what the results are and I will post back here. 

0 Kudos
Paulina_Z
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Tooi,

Welcome to our Community Forum! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to understand that you've been experiencing some speed issues with your home connection!

I was able to locate your account and I can see that there is currently an SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) Outage active in your area. This outage is expected to be finished on 04/06/021 at 13:40.

I have raised this issue on your account, so we are aware that you're being impacted. Please keep us updated on your connection and let us know how you're getting on!

Thanks!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Tooi
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there! Thank you for the reply. It worked for maybe 2 days since the 4th but now once again it has gone back to being absolutely terrible in the evenings. It really isn't acceptable as once again I am left stranded and not able to do the most basic things even though I am paying a lot of money monthly for this "service".

Here are the results from a speed test I did just now as well as the broadband quality monitor I was recommended. It shows that in the evenings things are still terrible unfortunately. I had to take a picture of them on the screen and upload them using 4g on my phone as I can't even upload a tiny image file using virgin broadband as things are right now. 

Snapchat-1056354777.jpg

Snapchat-103233114.jpg

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your post and reaching out to the Community Forums, Tooi,

Sorry to hear that you have been having connections issues with your broadband. I've run some remote diagnostics on your connections, and it does indicate that you are currently being affected by a local area fault for SNR issues ref#F009076802 and we are working to get this sorted as quickly as possible. The current ETA fix time is 12 JUN 2021 13:00. Apologies again for the inconvenience.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Tooi
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Corey, thank you for the reply but can't you see how unacceptable that is? The past few months all I have been given are dates that it will be "fixed" and yet the problem keeps persisting.

Even in this thread I was given a date it would be fixed (4th June) which it wasn't and now you've given me another date (which means I have to be without Internet in the evenings for another 4 days!) where it will most likely be fine on the day and then the evening after the problems will start again.

Why am I paying so much money then for apparently the best and fastest Internet in the UK when I can't even use it after a certain time of day? Quite frankly I'm fed up of dates and no real solutions.

Isn't there anything else you can do than just tell me a random date? I want to escalate this as as I said, this problem has been ongoing for a long time now and not being able to use the Internet you pay for after 7-8pm EVERY DAY is utterly ridiculous. 

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply and sorry that you feel this way, Tooi, the dates are set by the crew/team working directly on the issue you are having. As you are dissatisfied with the service, I will send you a private message so I can raise a complaint however complaints will not accelerate the work being done by IT as they are already working as quickly as possible to restore services. 

0 Kudos