Menu
CaptainDreamer
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Incredibly slow on first day 1Mbps on Vivid350

Hello everybody,

I activated my vivid 350 BB today. My speeds via WiFi have been literally all over the place! Originally they were 170Mbp/s (which is still well below my expectation on 350Mbp/s) then they have been getting slower since then. It sat at about 90Mbp/s for an hour or 2. Then it went as low as 1.15Mbp/s!! And since then, for the past 3 hours, I've not had a speed higher than 40Mbp/s.

I've been in the same position of the house and this fluctuation isn't good enough. I'm using a Samsung S9 plus. I never had this problem with BT and I know that I've had much higher with a Virgin router at my sister's home (who has Vivid350).

I've just moved house, so I haven't unpacked everything yet to test via an Ethernet. Regardless, it still isn't good enough and as I said, I had 170Mbp/s so why in the world has it dropped so significantly?! I was told to expect speeds around 330-350+, not 170! Certainly not 40Mbp/s!! At this stage I'd even be happy with 250-300 but I'm not holding my breath. Is this part of activation day router fluctuations finding it's optimal speed? I didn't think that would happen since we're not using a telephone line...

I'm still within my 14 day cooling off period to cancel but if somebody could help me I'd greatly appreciate it? Thank you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Incredibly slow on first day 1Mbps on Vivid350

Hi CaptainDreamer,

Welcome to the community forums and thank you for your post. We are sorry to hear you have been experiencing issues with your new set up. have there been any changes since your post? There can be some variations in speeds up on set up but these usually die down in a few days. Please keep us posted when you can.

Many thanks,

Louis

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Community elder
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

With respect, speeds should be good from the outset and big variations do not just "die down".

Speeds should be checked with the hub in router mode. If still bad post some stats. Go to 192.168.0.1 (router mode) or 192.168.100.1 (modem mode), do not log in, click on the link "Check Router Status".
Copy and paste the Downstream, Upstream and Network Logs. Mask any public IP or MAC addresses.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
CaptainDreamer
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Nonsense! I'm sorry but do you know what you're talking about? This isn't 128k broadband, this is 350 mbps fibre optic, what you stated is just not true at all. It should be instant on the first day.

I apologize for my delay in response. I have my broadband connected via ethernet cable to my PC, it's a good speed often between 320-380 mbps. No problems there. However the WiFi is shockingly s**t! Literally the worst I've ever used since the internet has even began. Awful. Truly awful. Why are your routers so poor? I'm lucky if I can get 30 mbps on ALL WiFi devices! PC, 3x phones, laptop and tablet. Good luck if you're more than 5 metres away, you'll be lucky to get 2mbps, ON 350 mbps fibre!! wth!? This is ridiculous. 

IF YOU'RE SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING VIRGIN BROADBAND AND YOU'VE HAPPENED UPON THIS POST. FIBRE ESPECIALLY. DO NOT DO IT! GO WITH BT. VIRGIN IS THE WORST ESPECIALLY WITH WIFI.

0 Kudos
Gary333
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My 200mb connection was terrible on the first day, up and down all over the place. 

Second day it was fine. Records show on router revealed firmware update took place on first day.

0 Kudos