cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredible slow uploads speeds

pwillan
Tuning in

Hi,

I’m getting no where with customer services via a lot of phones, factory resetting the route,  and even after an engineers visit I’m still experiencing problems with my upload speeds being under 1mbps,

As someone who works from home it’s starting to get very frustrating and highly annoying, especially as customer services refused to transfer me to someone who actually could help and insists that another technician has to come out.

So I wanted to reach out on here as I know Virgin engineers are users in the hope that someone who knows what they are on about can get in contact to help resolve this issue.

Thanks

Phil

18 REPLIES 18

Have done, although it’s been like that for years without problem. Thanks for you help so far John

Sorry to double post but having just looked at the tracker it seems to be happening from 8.30-9am to 5pm. These are the hours I work when at home. I’m working from the office tomorrow so I can see if it still happens but does seems a bit of coincidence?

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
If its all clear when you ar in the office and it only happens when working at home - I would suspect that one of the devices you are using at home is the the source of the issue

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Good Morning @pwillan, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear of the broadband issues you've been experiencing - in particular with the extremely low upload speed.

Are you possibly able to offer us an update following the helpful advice and direction from @jbrennand?

Have you also possibly attempted to run a speed test with an Ethernet cable with a Cat 6 cable, and with the router in modem mode at all?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi David,

Thanks for messaging.

This is all sorted now, thanks.

We're glad to hear that is all sorted for you now pwillan.

^Martin

Hi again,

I’ve just returned to WFH after returning from a week away, the same issue is occurring.

I have tested using my phone as a hotspot and the issue stops so I’m inclined to believe it’s a network issues rather than a hardware as previously thought.

Can you please advise what the next steps are?

Thanks

Screen shot attached of the tracker showing when I started working at 9 and when I tethered my phone before putting it back onto the network.

038CE3F4-5BC9-4E81-9F8F-D18B8AB72573.jpeg

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the posts and replies pwilllan, we're sorry to see the slow upload speed issue still persists.

Have you ran all suggested speed tests as advised by Martin_N above and did you notice any issues with your download speed or just upload?

You should also set up a BQM monitor  at thinkbroadband.com - this will give you an insight into what is happening with the signal at the other side of the Hub, it will take a few hours to get any kind of trend showing although you can post the link straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Link:

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and then click OK.

Please, check and let us know of the above so we can best help further with this.
Regards,

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs