cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incredible bad internet connection (??? Virgin 1gb connection ???)

priefoli
Tuning in

Since few months the internet connection is extremely bad. Every few seconds it drop and is becoming impossible to even use Zoom. We pay a lot of money for something that should suppose to go at 1gb and instead is laggy and unusable. Speed wise I never reached more that 550, Why am I paying for 1GB?

Over time it has even going worst and worst. At the beginning it was lagging once every hour (still usable) but now every few seconds the connection drops. 

Of course I didn't touch any cable or that "router" that Virgin provides (if you can call that diabolical machine a router).

If you check the status it says "We can't see any issues affecting postcode", but if you press "Still having issues?"  it says that "Looks like there’s still an issue with your connection We’re looking into it. Check back here after 23 hours and if there’s still an issue we’ll help you book a technician."

I already checked multiple times but the connection it's still atrociously bad. 

Here is Virgin 1gb connection today: 

speedtest_15_06_2023.png

Any real help would be appreciated

3 REPLIES 3

priefoli
Tuning in

Everything is wired in my house (CAT 6)

What does this site show?

https://samknows.com/realspeed/

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi priefoli, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the community. 

We are very sorry to hear of the issues you have been experiencing with your service. 

We have been able to run a few checks from our side and can confirm there are currently no outages detected in your area but some issues have been detected with the performance on the Hub. 

With this being the case, we will need to runa few more checks from our side. I am going to pop you over a private message to your inbox (red bar at the top of the age) and we can chat there. 

Speak soon, 

Nat