cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent connection and slow upload speeds

N1KE
Joining in

Hi Virgin 

Please can you provide an update on the area TS8, Middlesbrough?

The connection speeds have dropped to less than half what they should be and upload speed is an abysmal 1Mbps. It's like there's an SNR problem that needs resolving. Can you provide an update against the area. It has been going on for the last 2 weeks now. No apps will function through the TV as a result.

Please help.

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
VM Staff can take a few days to respond on here....

Have you tried the “free & automated” Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually gives the most up to date info. and tells you of more local issues down to street cab/ postcode level.

What is that reporting?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @N1KE 

Welcome back to the community. 

Sorry to hear you have service concerns. I can see that you have another thread opened on the same issue were you are receiving support and have a colleague support via private message. If you respond to my colleague, we'll be able to assist further. You can see your private messages at the top of the page in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley