Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Inconsistent broadband speeds

We have been getting inconsistent broadband speeds for the last couple of months. My husband has been working from home and uses Zoom several times a day, many meetings he is actually leading. With increasing regularity our wifi drops out or drops down to speed so low it can't cope with the Zoom call. We often have to link to our phones using mobile hotspot just to be able to stay within the meeting. 

We pay for M200 and we have definitely not been receiving this service. The biggest frustration is the inconsistency and the fact the speed yo-yo's so much. 

I have gone through all the online guides and reset the hub but nothing improves it. 

Please can someone help.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inconsistent broadband speeds

What speed do you get at >> speedtest.net << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E/6 cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How are you connecting your devices to the Hub, Wi-Fi or ethernet cable ?

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

We connect using wifi.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

To get true speed results you need to connect and test using a device that is connected with a minimum of a Cat 5E / 6 ethernet cable.

Wi-Fi is far too prone to interference and blocking.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos