Menu
Widz
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Inconsistent Speed & Packet Loss

Hi All, for the past 2 weeks or so the speed of my Gig1 Package has been all over the place on the download side; and for the past few days the upload speed has also now dropped severely. (down to 35 and under from being solid at 45+ every test)  

Also at the same time packet loss has gone from nothing for months to suddenly a constant 5 - 20% and this of course plays havoc on trying to play any game.

I've started a BGM monitor (live output below)

My Broadband Ping - VM packetloss

And a snapshot of my recent speedtest.net history opera_2021-01-07_18-50-19

This seems to be a wider issue creeping up looking across social media and happening to friends across the country so I'm hoping it's down to a change or infrastructure upgrades going on across the VM network... 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Inconsistent Speed & Packet Loss

What speeds do you get at >> Sam Knows Real Speed << with a direct connection using a Cat 5E or better ethernet cable between the Hub in Router Mode and a 1Gbs capable Pc/Mac/Chromebook and no other devices connected ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Please post a 'Live Link' to your BQM on here straight away.

Instructions for posting BQM Live Link

Under your BQM graph are two links in red.

Click the lower link (Share Live Graph) then click generate.

Copy the text in the Direct Link box, beware, there may be more text than you can see.

On here click the Link icon (2 links chain to the left of the camera icon)

In the URL box paste the link you copied and in the ‘text to display’ box write My BQM then click OK - you can post the link straight away.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Can you please

Type 192.168.0.1 (192.168.100.1 in Modem mode) into your browser URL bar and press enter. 

Hub 2 & 3 When the page appears DO NOT LOG IN but click ‘Check Router Status’.

Hub 4 When the page appears LOG IN then Advanced Settings > Tools > Network Status.

Copy and paste the contents of the Downstream, Upstream, Configuration and Network Log tabs onto here, if you get a yellow / straw box warning click the Post button again. Use one post for each tab if you wish.

Please do not use screen grabs.

A Guru will be along soon to decipher the info.

0 Kudos