cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm on Volt package, getting less than 10gb how do I order a pod? Thanks

Wightbioy
Tuning in

I am on a Volt package, getting less than 10gb speed in living room. 

Tried all the advice on the app etc. Rebooting router etc. 

Got over 100gb at router but sometime 2gb in living room. 

My virgin media link to chat doesn't work. 

How so I order a free pod?

Thanks 

6 REPLIES 6

jhuk
Trouble shooter

Are you meaning you are on 1Gb/s (Gig1)?

Is so try and work out what you really meant by the 2/10/200 parts as it is definitely not Gb/s at a guess you mean Mb/s

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

See this re Pod

VM Wifi is now “guaranteed” to 30 Mbps/room it’s now called… Wifi Max
See if anything in here helps….

https://www.virginmedia.com/wifi-max

You call 0800 064 3850 to order the first one after scanning for blackspots using the connect App.- or just wait here for a VM person to respond in a day or two and they will sort the first one for you. If you do call dont get fobbed off by the offshore CS agents' saying you aren’t eligible - you are - it is clearly stated on the webpage.

If not free to you… you will be charged £8/month for up to 3 pods (note - BT charge £10/mo for their whole home wifi solution). It’s a simple solution and should work for you. However, you would soon pay off that cost by buying your own wireless solution that will be yours to own and use forever, although the VM Pods should be a simpler option.

If you do want to invest in better equipment, you would need to get either a… (1) Mesh System, (2) Wireless router, (3) Wireless access point, (4) a pair of good quality Wifi Powerline Adaptors, or a combination of (2&3).

£40-100 (that’s ~4->12 months of Max Pod rental) should sort it for most customers with an average property and usage. Spend more for additional advanced“features” - if required.

See message 5 in this thread for how to connect Pods

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/WiFi-boosters-needed/m-p/5122436#M497217

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Kojack
On our wavelength

Hi

I have Volt 2 with Gig1 Volt speed boost. I still only get 7mB/s in my office. 

I called the number in the above post 2 weeks ago, and was fobbed off. Saying there was a problem but it would be sorted soon. I've also contacted VM chat via Whatsapp and sent screen shots of the slow speeds scan from the VM connect App.

Still nothing sorted.

Any other approach or advice welcome.

This is all supposed to be included for free with my package. Why is sorting problems with VM so difficult.

regards Karl

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Wightbioy.

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.
Sorry to hear you are having an issue with your speeds and connection after the Volt upgrade. 
I'd like to take a look into this for you and get this resolved.
If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

hi Gareth, thank for your reply.

I spoke to someone on Friday who said they would order a pod but I haven't had ant confirmation of the call or that the pod has been ordered.

Please can you check this for me?

Thanks 

Thank you for letting us know.

We wouldn't really send any confirmation out for this order.

You should get an SMS from Yodel when its out for delivery though which can take up to 14 days. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?