Menu
SParkinson1
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I am so frustrated at how slow my broadband is since being upgraded to 100mbs

Until 4 weeks ago i have not had any issues with broadband speed at home and then all of a sudden I received a letter to say that we had been upgraded FREE of Charge to the 100mbs service. 

Well that is when the problems started and i may as well have a dial up modem with the service i am getting now. 

I have spoke to support on numerous occasions over the last few weeks and they reluctantly sent me a new hub which has not made a slightest bit of difference. 

At home i have 3 devices and they all experience the same issues with speed whether upstairs or downstairs. 

I rely on fast internet speed because I work from home but this is useless and so frustrating that I cannot even host a zoom webinar and share my screen without having to wait 2 or 3 minutes for a screen to display.  

I know that Virgin are throttling down the internet to our homes due to the Virus and the fact everyone is at home more but this is ridiculous. 

We do not have children but can imagine that some homes use a lot of data due to kids downloading games ets. 

I have been a loyal customer to Virgin for over 20 years but if something doesn't change ASAP I will be leaving this service forever and find one that can provide me with the service I am paying for. 

Anyone else having this problem on the Garton Drive estate in Lowton?

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am so frustrated at how slow my broadband is since being upgraded to 100mbs

What speed do you get wired direct to the hub?

Virgin are not throttling speeds either. 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
SParkinson1
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: I am so frustrated at how slow my broadband is since being upgraded to 100mbs

I have tried the speed tests on wired, wireless and also on my Vodafone broadband and have added the results below. 

Wired results

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1M2Kp9jLWrQ3IMPaBd-PL_7mElV_B_qPmW7rsoxZ2SWQ/edit?usp=sharing

I need someone to do something urgently as this is diabolical speed and worse than the service I was on originally. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Post back a URL to the wired speedtest.net result.

Also copy and paste back the network, upstream and downstream logs from the hub admin pages 

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
0 Kudos
SParkinson1
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I have added the wireless details which are slightly better with it being 11:30pm which again tells me it has to be something on the network in my local are which is being overloaded. 

I can't give you any information from the hub as I cant log on to it, it says the password is incorrect but I have taken it from the box.  I am also unable to use the app because it also gives errors relating to the password too. 

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

You don’t need to login

Click Router Status beneath the login box to get to the logs 

0 Kudos
SParkinson1
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I have added the logs to the google docs document given to you previously

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

A. I don’t access things on an external site

B. Have to request permission for it with my Google account

No forum mod will do so either. 

0 Kudos
lee160
Joining in
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi I live in Lowton as well.Im on the 100mbps package but im lucky if I get 35/40 mbps.Im thinking of leaving Virgin anyway especially when you see prices that new customers pay.Ive done speed tests with speed.net and Which magazine which show a similar problem with neighbours.

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Cabled direct to the hub?

0 Kudos