Menu
ToothlessFairy
On our wavelength
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Huge latency, packet loss. Area 14. Could anyone take a look at it and tell me if I be able t...

Hello, 

Please check the link. Are there any plans to improve the situation? 

BQM 11th January 

I have been told that the issue will be resolved by 31st December last year. Nothing changed sadly. Can you let know to engineers that the network doesn't work?

Kind regards
Lukas

0 Kudos
ToothlessFairy
On our wavelength
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Huge latency, packet loss. Area 14. Could anyone take a look at it and tell me if I be able t...

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/54da64b68d8d5076ae8dafb074dd4d4f6b39f80e-12-01-2022

20% packet loss xD

Hi, 

I am writing here again because today I received a reply that no issue can be found on the virgin side. So my complaint was transferred to o2 customers service **bleep** knows why.

To whoever might be reading this, please tell the area manager that there is a problem and we all will be grateful if anyone could fix it in a reasonable time.

Kind regards
Lukas

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The area manager has little control in these matters.  And the way the process (such as it is) deals with over-utilisation can be summarised here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @ToothlessFairy

Thank you so much for your update and I am so sorry that this has continued! 

I have checked your account again and I can see that the outage to resolve the issues in the area has been extended and the estimated fix date is now January 20th at 3.55pm.

I'm so sorry that this has been extended but hopefully this work will resolve the issues you are facing. 

Are you able to let us know how things are looking after this time?

Thank you. 

Ash_C
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ToothlessFairy
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Evening, 

Again... 

Packet loss, huge pings, dropped connections in various game servers. For don't know how many months now my connection isn't suitable for gaming. This is the main reason I decided to sign a contract with the virgin. It is so frustrating that despite so many calls, so many posts on this forum and so many fck resets of the router I am getting nowhere. 

In the next few days, I am moving out to a new house. Don't bother sending anyone or saying again that the issue will be fixed on some random day. 
At the moment I am waiting to finish my contract and I am done. Never again. Greedy **bleep**s.

I will never recommend your network to anyone who thinks about using their broadband for gaming. Sad thing is that despite my and many other people's complaints you will keep getting new customers and you will keep operating in a such manner.

Below you will find a recent BQM that proves your word is worthless, and the company isn't fixing **bleep**.

d00f8fb7d1b1c55b5d66e93529b4fa4ae1180eb2-26-01-2022

Have a great evening.
Regards
Lukas

0 Kudos
ToothlessFairy
On our wavelength
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The picture is being checked so I am adding a direct link to today's bqm. 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d00f8fb7d1b1c55b5d66e93529b4fa4ae1180eb2-26-01-2022

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi ToothlessFairy, 

Thank you for taking the time to post and thank you for your update.

I can see form our systems there is a congestion outage in your area, the estimated fix time is 08 FEB 2022 15:50.

Zoie

Zoie
0 Kudos