Menu
Phatz
Tuning in
Message 21 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 Modem Mode Slow ASUS GTAC5300

Ok will be changing to modem mode as kids time. However I assume the monitor will keep running. - Thanks agains for your help. You may see a blip

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 22 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@Phatz wrote:

Ok will be changing to modem mode as kids time. However I assume the monitor will keep running. - Thanks agains for your help. You may see a blip

Once it is in Modem Mode you need to set up another BQM because your Public IP Address will change.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Phatz
Tuning in
Message 23 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Here is new link

Phatz-modem 

As an FYI all of a sudden speeds have gone up - **bleep**! Ok will keep this monitor going now for rest of night so will see what happens in morning. Mike your a patient guy!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 24 of 37
Flag for a moderator

@Phatz wrote:

Hi,

Here is new link

Phatz-modem 

As an FYI all of a sudden speeds have gone up - **bleep**! Ok will keep this monitor going now for rest of night so will see what happens in morning. Mike your a patient guy!

Link doesn't work.

Give it another go using the instructions that I gave you.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Phatz
Tuning in
Message 25 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Yep - my bad sorry

Here it again - PhatzModem2 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 26 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Live graph link is OK.

It is showing 100% packet loss, this normally and indication that the Hub isn't responding to Pings.

Can you go into the Hub Settings and set up the Hub Firewall as shown below. Image is for a Hub 3, the Hub 4 will probably be similar.

Hub-3-Firewall

0 Kudos
Phatz
Tuning in
Message 27 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Ok the hub is in modem mode, so will not have the firewall settings. I have turned off dos on the ASUs router so hopefully this will allow a feedback on the graph. Will leave it for an hour. If nothing in the graph will return to router mode in the morning and try again. Time for a beer!

0 Kudos
Phatz
Tuning in
Message 28 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Just realised needed icmp ping allowed and not dos. Ok hopefully this should give a response on graph.

0 Kudos
sophist
Problem sorter
Message 29 of 37
Flag for a moderator

So, it's not really the WAN connection you want to be testing here.. it's the connection between the hub LAN port and the ASUS, which seems unable to sustain an auto-negotiation of 1Gb

As i understand it - you have:

Hub <--->short patch cable<-----------20m patch in the wall--------->short patch cable--->Asus router ?

firstly, is that correct?

If it is, I would recommend that you relocate the ASUS router to be next to your hub for testing purposes.

Test the connection with each of the short patch cables that you use in the longer chain outlined above - leave it for a good while (perhaps overnight?) and check that it's still negotiated at 1Gb

If both of those cables are negotiating at 1gb and able to maintain it, then it points to something dodgy with the 20m patch you have in the middle.. you may need to reterminate each end of the cable.. 

If one of those cables fails to maintain the 1gb, then you've probably found your culprit

If both of those cables fail to maintain the 1gb, then i'd start thinking that it's either the hub or the ASUS router that has a problem..  

0 Kudos
Phatz
Tuning in
Message 30 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Yup get your point re the cables. Am running the checks at present will keep you posted. So far the HUb4>>patch>>dumb switch>>20msolid core>>patch>>ASUs router are holding up at a constant 1GB connection on wan. Where previously HUB4>>patch>>20m solid core>>patch >>ASUs router we’re having trouble negotiating (it seems) between 100mb and 1GB even after patch changes!

I may add that speed seems to have increased on testing...since putting in the dumb switch? Will keep you all posted . got the monitor finally set up with Mikes help so will see. Is it me or an engineer call out?

Will put my hands up if it’s my set up so will keep going till I work it out, plus the help of everyone so far!

0 Kudos