Menu
Mellie_RS
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hub & Wiring Replaced but still slow and weak

Hi- newbie first post so please be gentle!

I have had a new Hub 3 a week ago and a full cable re wire on Friday. The engineer (who has been out 3 times now) says that as he's replaced everything he's lost as to what the issue might be.

He says the speed hitting the house is 'through the roof' so no idea why speed so poor even next to the hub- we're paying for 512 and getting anywhere from 0 to 278. Today it's dropping out completely again.

The reach is also poor- it's stopped getting into my office which for the last 2 years has not been a problem and no environmental changes.

I have a senior engineer coming in 2 days and the guy on the phone said something about downstream speed being a bit dodgy.

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
BoneMatrix
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub & Wiring Replaced but still slow and weak

Is this cable from your PC to the VM Hub?

If it is, welcome to VM's way over sold network speeds!

BoneMatrix_0-1611589900971.png

Dreadful 09:00 to 19:00 Mon-Fri (VM Area 20) Been liek this since New Year - over-utilzation but VM don't want to admit it

0 Kudos
carl_pearce
Superstar
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub & Wiring Replaced but still slow and weak

@Mellie_RS wrote:

Hi- newbie first post so please be gentle!

I have had a new Hub 3 a week ago and a full cable re wire on Friday. The engineer (who has been out 3 times now) says that as he's replaced everything he's lost as to what the issue might be.

He says the speed hitting the house is 'through the roof' so no idea why speed so poor even next to the hub- we're paying for 512 and getting anywhere from 0 to 278. Today it's dropping out completely again.

The reach is also poor- it's stopped getting into my office which for the last 2 years has not been a problem and no environmental changes.

I have a senior engineer coming in 2 days and the guy on the phone said something about downstream speed being a bit dodgy.

Any ideas? 

Create a BQM and post the live link.

Access your HUB on http://192.168.0.1, log in, and copy/paste the 'Upstream', 'Downstream', and 'Network Log' tab data, as text (You may have to click post twice due to an error), across multiple posts as requried.

0 Kudos